Skip to main content
The ARM Platinum division comprises three operating mines, Modikwa, Two Rivers and Nkomati.
- It has an effective 41.5% interest in Modikwa where local communities hold an 8.5% effective interest. The remaining 50% is held by Anglo Platinum.
- Two Rivers is an incorporated joint venture with Implats, with ARM holding 55% and Implats 45%.
- Nkomati is a 50:50 partnership with Norilsk Nickel Africa.
- ARM Platinum also has an interest in two joint ventures with PLA. The first is the Kalplats PGM Exploration Project in which ARM Platinum owns 90% and PLA can earn-in up to 49% by completing a bankable feasibility study. The second joint venture, Kalplats Extended Area Project is a 50:50 partnership between ARM Platinum and PLA.
- * Platinum Australia earned 12% ownership on completion and approval of the prefeasibility study. The transfer of this ownership is in the process of being effected. Platinum Australia will earn an additional 32% on completion of a bankable feasibility study. In the event that the JV acquires Anglo American’s 10%, Platinum Australia has the right to acquire 49% of the acquired 10%.
- ** ARM shareholding in Two Rivers will reduce to 51% once the transfer of the Kalkfontein portions 4, 5 and 6 and Tweefontein prospecting rights has been effected.
Chief Executive: ARM Platinum
- * Restated due to the early adoption of IFRIC 20.